Part #6 Follow-up--Why Am I Doing This?
February 13, 2005
Let me be clear about why I'm doing this:
- I'm not off on some "woe is me" thing. I really had it pretty good, compared to so many others. I had a mom who showed me unconditional love. And, I had some pretty nice aunts and uncles.
- There's still a void there that's never been filled in a non-spiritual way. I'd love to learn more about my father and his family. Part of my identity has always been missing.
- Dads who are out of the fathering game or on the fringes need to know that their kids will pay a price and so will their grandkids, their kids and on down the line.
- Church people, believers, need to plug in to the lives of kids in this position and into the lives of the moms.
- And, the moms and their kids need to see the utility of the Internet and blogs in finding information about the loved one who has bugged out.